Stuffed Peppers with Diestel Ground Italian Turkey with Wine

I found this brand of ground turkey at Sigona's in Redwood City.  I knew of Diestel as their Turkeys are very popular around the holidays but had never seen the ground product.  I opted for the ground turkey with Italian herbs and wine.  Hmmm. 



I had also got a great deal on a bunch of beautiful bell peppers in Sigona's reduced area, and I needed to use them. 

 
The chubs come in about one pound of ground meat.  Let's just do a basic stuffed pepper. 
 
  • One chub of Diestel Ground Turkey, Italian with wine or plain.  Your choice.
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion.
  • 1 cup of crushed buttery crackers like Ritz.
  • 1/2 cup of tomato sauce or ketchup.  I personally like ketchup as gives that salt add. 
  • This mix already had Italian seasoning but if you wish, a few sprigs of Italian parsley. 
  • Italian parsley and tomato sauce or ketchup to top, bake at 350 for 40 -50 minutes.



Deeeeelicious!.  Remember life is too short to eat badly!!



Comments

Popular Posts