Feta Brine'd Chicken Sandwiches

March 2017 issue of Food and Wine Magazine.. eh I always love when it arrives in my mailbox.  It's a relaxing eve of peruse and better to look at literature that is not about our current administration.  It makes me happy.  Thank you Food and Wine.  Eh and every blue moon try out a recipe from a magazine that went a different direction.  Hence Feta Brine'd Chicken Sandwiches.  Inspired from a Chef out of San Francisco who owns a few location's of a Greek Restaurant.  


  • 1/2 lb Feta Crumbled plus 3/4 cup of the Brine
  • 1 Teaspoon Louisiana Style Hot Sauce, preferably Tobasco
  • 4, 4oz chicken cutlets
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for brushing
  • Kosher salt and pepper
  • 4x 6 inch ciabatta rolls split and toasted
  • Arugula (not baby), sliced cucumber, red onion and seeded piquillo peppers for serving.  
Directions of prep here->

Well I brine'd my chicken breasts, not cutlets, overnight.  And nothing popped out to me of the brine but I know a restaurant who is bringing in a lot of feta or even a grocery store with an expansive cheese department will get it in large containers with REAL DEAL BRINE.  If I ever make this again, I'll ask for some of that from a store with such a cheese selection.  Not the mainstream on the shelves.

I used probably a tablespoon of Louisiana Style Hot Sauce as needed a sharp kick to tame the feta.

I am not sure why arugula baby or not, it worked.  I was a commute away from work on my day off when made these and all Whole Foods had was baby arugula.  

Piquillo peppers.  I had them but not sure why that day was relating it to Padron peppers.  Anyway... 

Best parts of this experience,  it was a good chicken sandwich.  Next time real brine.  Hence the feta I blended with Meyer lemon olive oil , salt, pepper and some fresh herbs had on hand and was like a feta ricotta like experience on the bread.

Recommendation of a Chenin Blanc.. AWESOME.  But migrated towards this Chenin Blanc Viognier highly recommended by Pine Ridge ! #pineridgewinery  Amazing bang for the buck great wine.  Sweet but balanced.  

So from this if had to do it again, real feta brine, more herbs in the ricotta ricotta like spread and Pine Ridge all the wayyy!  Remember, life is too short to eat badly!

Comments

Popular Posts