Mexican Torta Basic
Basic Mexican Torta
There are probably a million versions of this sandwich but just make it your own! You can go with super delicious grilled Mexican marinated meats or a tad more basic which is how I like mine. Just me as light enough for lunch to work off the rest of my work day
- Mexican bread - or a super soft roll.
- Mexican branded ham sold in Mexican stores or whatever ham you like sliced thick. Then again make it your own as bet a nice thick cut maple turkey would be nice also.
- Refried beans.
- Shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Ripe tomatoes.
- Mexican cheese or whatever you like/have access to. It's the idea of the sandwich in which you will most enjoy.
- Sliced avocado or guacamole if you wish.
- Pickled jalapeno's.
- Spread re fried warm pinto beans on the base of the bread half.
- Slather the top slice with Mayonesa, a Mexican brand by McCormick with lime or whatever or none mayo you like or don't. (remember own it, make the sandwich your own)
- Fry up the ham to get it going and a tad browned.
- Place on sandwich and top with shredded lettuce, tomato slices, your sliced Mexican cheese or whatever cheese you like. Top with avocado.
Some people prefer huge dripping sandwiches with gooey cheese or stacks of fatty meats. This type of sandwich is just in between and does not overkill your energy on the rest of your work day!