Brunch Finger Croissants - Creole Mustard
I had heard about it and finally ran across it at a grocery store in Cali. CREOLE MUSTARD!!!!
If you like a strong bold peppery mustard, this stuff is amazing!!! I had a small get together to attend on Saturday and pulled this idea out for a group of 14 people.
LIST - from Safeway
- One container of mini croissants from the local grocery store bakery. About 15 decent sized for $5
- One 18 pack of eggs which were on sale for $2.50
- Once small container of crumbly salty feta. I found one for $4.00.
- A pre washed and packed tub of spinach, $2.50
- A half of a large purple onion or a whole medium sized chopped.
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder about a 1/2 tablespoon of each.
- One red pepper roasted $1.50 or utilize a 1/3rd cup of jarred roasted bell pepper drained well.
- Creole Mustard, if you can find it or maybe utilize a pepper relish. Whatever you have access to.
- Large non stick pan, preferably something you can put in the oven as how the frittata will finish off.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Saute your chopped purple onion with the garlic powder to translucent and then add a large handful of the greens to saute down for about 5 minutes in some olive oil or whatever oil you choose.
- Meanwhile whisk 12 eggs, the crumbly cheese, roasted red pepper, pepper and salt. Use less salt or none at all if your crumbly cheese is really salty like a Bulgarian Feta. Add to your pan of saute'd onion's and greens and place in your pre heated oven for 5 minutes on 350. Then up to 450 for another 5 minutes and pull immediately.
Slice your mini croissants and spread creole mustard on each side. Slice the frittata once cooled to fit the croissant, top with sliced purple onion if you like and some fresh greens.
Not a bad economical brunch donation when on a budget! $10 bucks to feed 14 folks.