Low Country Boil - for One - CLAWS on TNT FAN!
So the hubby and I are hooked on this series called 'CLAWS' on TNT Sunday Eves.
He being from Florida and me having fallen in love with Florida (Lauderdale towards the South that is..) I like to make foods to snack on during the show that remind me of our treks to the S.East. Hence my hubby even being from Florida does not eat anything that can swim. wah wah wahhhh
He had his famous chili and I wanted a shrimp boil.
Easy for one.
- Creole seasoning, or Cajun seasoning. About 3 spoonfuls.
- Shrimp local fresh if you can get and an idea of how many you can eat.
- Potato's white creamers or whatever is available to you, how many you think you can eat.
- Couple ears of corn.
- Smoked sausage, andoulle, kielbasa... whatever you have access to and again slice up how much you think you will eat.
- Southern Lousiana Hot Sauce
Boil water in a pan to fit all your ingredients. Just average how many you are feeding if more than one. Add your crab boil, creole or Cajun seasoning. Add whatever else like garlic or onions if want to up it.
- Add potatoes first to tender about 8-12 minutes.
- Add corn cob'ettes meaning chop your corn ears into finger pick ups.
- Add smoked sausage, andoulle.. takes no more than 12 minutes tops
I drain when the shrimp have clearly blanched and cooked for 2-3 minutes depending on size. Toss some slabs of butter to melt over the goodies and hot sauce for some finger food with a cold beer!
Next week maybe some Cuban sandwiches, Jamaican or Haitian nibbles in tribute to Florida for the last to the season finale of the show that is super entertaining us these days. Viva TNT with Claws and WILL
Looking forward to next weeks episode before the finale!
Live, Love, and Life is too short to eat Badly!