Twist on Chili Poppers
I am so not a jalapeno popper or even fried most anything appetizer person.. but this one had me curious. I mean I love chili's, some not to heavy cheese at times but a deep fried popper... NO WAY!
But this take on Jalapeno popper's is right up my alley!
- Granny Smith Apples
- Spring Onion
- Whipped Cream Cheese or be prepared to gain a new muscle if use the block cream cheese.
- IF YOU DESIRE, fried up pancetta bit, bacon, sausage OR NOT! Add whatever you would like to your cream cheese mixture but the spring onion and green apple are key.
How much of each is dependent on how many you want to make. This is a real common sense little ditty recipe.
- Clean and dice up your Granny Smith Apples into a small chop.
- Chop spring onion to your desire whether thin or in chunks.
- Fry up your meat if adding but not necessary. Drain and cool.
- Add all your ingredients to your whipped cream cheese and stuff into halved and de-seeded Jalapeno's or whatever peppers you choose. I added Manzano's because had them but Jalapeno's are best.
- Add a tad of Garlic salt if wish but up to you.
- I had planned to fry up the pancetta and add but had a change of heart, especially when figured could utilize it for breakfast muffin sandwiches the following morning.
Line up on a baking tray and cook for 40 minutes on 350degrees.
There is something about adding the apple with the raw onion that elevates the flavor over the typical cheesy popper!
Remember .. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO EAT BADLY!