Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Super simple icebox jam. I pick up a flat of strawberries from work every now and then for a buck. Just because we have so many and they are ripe and ready to go. Unless you have ALOT of energy to deal with that many strawberries, here is an easy recipe to break them down. And if you have chia seeds you bought because you know they are healthy but keep forgetting to do something with them.
- Agave or Honey
- Any other adds are up to you such as spices, almond or vanilla extract.
- Chia seeds.
- Potato masher.
- Clean and quarter your strawberries. Toss in a pot. Heat to medium high to get it going.
- Drizzle your agave or honey over the strawberries and let start to cook down as you mash the strawberries periodically. If you like a chunky jam, just stop mashing when your desired.
- Add more agave or honey if would like a looser smoother jam.
- Add chia seeds. I had a whole flat of strawberries and about half a cup of chia seeds.
- I also added some cardamom, clove, cinnamon and vanilla extract. The spice or any flavor profile is totally up to you.
Once it cooks down to the consistency you want, turn it off. Let cool, place in airtight containers or jars and will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Excellent way to get those chia seeds in ya when you keep forgetting to do something with them.
Use jam as jam, or a topping to oatmeal, overnight oats, protein balls with oats/dried egg white. Enjoy.
Bean's supervising my work:)