Easy Awesome Coconut Fish Curry
EASY AWESOME COCONUT FISH CURRY
- 4-5 fish fillets. Cod, Swai, Pacific White - whatever you like or have on hand.
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 12 fresh curry leaves. You can find at most Indian grocery stores during the summer.
- Tablespoon of methi (fenugreek). Again you can find at your local Indian grocery store.
- 3-6 garlic cloves peeled. Depends on how much you like garlic. I go with 6.
- Tablespoon of fresh ginger or ginger paste.
- 1 Serrano or Thai chile. Remove stem.
- 1 can of coconute milk. Not water, MILK.
- Teaspoon of coriander
- Teaspoon of cumin
- Teaspoon of mustard seeds. I utilize black. Brown can be used also.
- Olive oil.
- Salt to your taste.
Open your can of Coconut milk and place in your blender/food processor. Take your pan of onions, garlic, chili, spices and mustard seed and carefully spoon into your blender/food processor. Puree. Add some cornstarch if you would like a thicker consistency. About at teaspoon if you wish but not necessary.
Place your puree of coconut curry in a large enough pot and start to heat slowly so the heat can start to bring more of the flavors into the coconut milk.
Cook you fish however you wish. Fry, grill, bake, broil. When done you can either serve your curry over your fish whole or you might choose to add your fish to your curry in smaller pieces. Either way, it is going to blow your mind on taste. Serve with basmati or steamed rice. It's a great easy and cost efficient meal.